Location: Waterford City
Payment: Hourly rate subject to experience and qualifications
Terms: Full Time
At JJ Kavanagh & Sons Ltd, we are looking for a full-time PSV Technician to join our maintenance team located at our Waterford depot.
As a PSV Technician, your main responsibility will be to provide a full range of diagnostic, repair, maintenance and servicing activities for all vehicles in line with the Company and legislative standards and requirements.
You should have formal industry-recognized qualifications and proven ability and technical competence in all areas.
You will require the ability to make decisions and solve problems that may arise during the performance of your duty and will need a flexible approach, drive, and enthusiasm to help deliver a high standard of maintenance to ensure vehicle availability.
A full driving license is essential. Holding a Commercial Licence would be an advantage, however, driver training can be provided to the successful applicant.
• Maintain a safe working environment
• Carrying out a full range of routine inspections, maintenance, and repairs on all types of PSVs
• Carrying out diagnostics on all vehicles.
• Communicating with the team of engineers and drivers and providing support to colleagues
• Maintaining and presenting vehicles for MOT/CVRT.
• Abiding by all Health and safety procedures
• Completing all jobs and paperwork provided for Inspections and defect rectification.
• Liaising with parts department for any parts needed for required jobs.
• Carrying out any unscheduled maintenance issues both on and off-site.
Rota: Rolling shift basis, 06:00 to 21:00, Monday to Friday