New Job Openings at JJ Kavanagh & Sons
Due to the continuous expansion of JJ Kavanagh & Sons we are currently growing our team of professional Coach Drivers and PSV Technicians. Using our fleet of the most modern coaches and buses, JJ Kavanagh & Sons operates an extensive network of national and local scheduled services. We also provide for school transport, corporate, private hire and contracted services.
At JJ Kavanagh and Sons LTD, we are looking for a full time PSV Technician to join our maintenance team located in our Waterford depot. As a PSV Technician your main responsibility will be to provide a full range of diagnostic, repair, maintenance and servicing activities for all vehicles in line with the Company and legislative standards and requirements. You should have a formal industry recognised qualifications, proven ability and technical competence in all areas. You will require the ability to make decisions and solve problems that may arise during the performance of your duty and will need a flexible approach, drive and enthusiasm to help deliver a high standard of maintenance to ensure vehicle availability. A full driving licence is essential. Holding a Commercial Licence would be an advantage, however driver training can be provided to the successful applicant.
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Carrying out a full range of routine inspections, maintenance and repairs on all types of PSVs
- Carrying out diagnostics on all vehicles
- Communicating with the team of engineers and drivers and providing support to colleagues
- Maintaining and presenting vehicles for MOT / CVRT
- Abiding by all Health and Safety procedures
- Completing all jobs and paperwork provided for inspections and defect rectification
- Liaising with parts department for any parts needed for required jobs
- Carrying out any unscheduled maintenance issues both on and off site
- PSV/HGV Technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- Salary: DOE
- On-site parking
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
JJ Kavanagh & Sons are currently recruiting full-time Coach Drivers in Dungarvan, Portlaoise and Clonmel to drive on our main bus routes.
- To drive the company’s vehicles to the highest of standards, making sure driving is performed in a safe and professional manner.
- Driving in-line with set timetable making sure that you are on time.
- Use of ticket machines and issuing of tickets to customers
- Customer Service
- Always providing a high standard of customer service
- Providing customers with information when required
- Behaving in a professional but friendly way to customers at ALL times
- Assisting elderly/children when required
- Being the face of the company
- Shift work
- Up to date Category D driving Licence
- Up to date CPC (Driving qualification card)
- Up to date Digital Tachograph Card (Driver’s card)
- Clean penalty points
- Good spoken and written English
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, approachable and keeping polite at all times.