Protecting your personal data is very important to us. Data protection is, therefore, a high priority for JJ Kavanagh & Sons. We strictly comply with the legal provisions of the Data Protection Act and the Telemedia Act when collecting, processing and using your data.
What information do we collect?
We use a range of data collection methods and technologies on our website, which we use to collect data for the purposes of transactions with you, gathering statistics and analytics on our website traffic and users’ behaviour, evaluating our marketing effectiveness, requesting user feedback, and to improve our website and customer satisfaction.
This website does not collect any personal data, apart from information that you volunteer, for example, when you purchase a ticket online, register for a Smartcard on our site, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a coach hire form.
JJ Kavanagh & Sons will not share personal data with third parties for marketing purposes.
Payment Processing Service
You can initiate a booking process on our web page. For this purpose, your data will be transferred to the following payment processing service as selected during the specific booking process.
What do we use your information for?
Any information you provide is only for the purpose you provide it. It will only be used in the following ways:
- When booking or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter you’re: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number.
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Online Bus Tickets – all personal information required when purchasing an online bus ticket is stored for 90 days past the date of travel. It will then be auto-deleted from our data processor Transmach Systems LTD. The reason why we take personal data is to be able to email the e-ticket to the customer who is travelling so they can get onto the bus and avail of the service that they have bought for.
- Coach Hire – all coach hire details taken over the phone by a member of staff or when a customer fills out an online coach hire form will be filed and stored until 90 days after the coach hire booking date. The reason why we take personal data is to be able to communicate the quote or price of the coach hire to the customer.
You can register for your Smartcard on the JJ Kavanagh & Sons website. In the password-protected area of the customer account, you can easily manage your bookings and journeys.
The fields marked as required (*), which include personal data, are only used to implement and process your account. This data is used to automatically pre-fill your information during future bookings. In addition, you can also voluntarily save your cell phone number so we can contact you in the event of a delay or change to your trip’s route.
If you have agreed to this, the “Stay Signed In” function saves so-called persistent cookies on your end device; these are used to automatically sign you in during subsequent visits to our web page. This function is not available if you have deactivated saving of such cookies in your browser settings.
You can update or delete your account—and thus also your saved personal data—at any time in your personal customer account.
Due to legally mandated data retention periods, personal data required for contract performance are not deleted when you delete your account.
For all of our marketing communications, you have agreed to opt-in to receiving them. Our site has an opt-out facility so that you only receive those communications if you choose to. Whenever we send you a communication we will also give you the opportunity to request your details to be removed from our marketing list. At any time you can access your account and change your status indicating whether you want to opt-in or opt-out of receiving those communications.
- Transmach Systems Ltd – use your data for processing your online ticket and ensuring you receive your e-ticket by email within 10 minutes of purchasing your bus ticket.
We undertake a variety of efforts to protect your data from unauthorized access by third parties, accidental disclosure and/or accidental deletion. We use a variety of technological measures such as encryption, firewall and/or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Terms and Conditions
Please visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, limitations of liability governing the use of our website and disclaimers.
If you would like to contact us on your personal data, please contact us here by email: [email protected]. JJ Kavanagh & Sons LTD, Main Street, Urlingford, Co Kilkenny. Phone Number 0818 333 222.