Autumn is here, and with it comes the vibrant seasonal events and festivities that many look forward to all year round. As we head toward school and college mid-term break, October into November, Ireland comes alive with Autumnal events, particularly the spooky variety!
Always Pre-Book Your Tickets! Before we delve into the exciting events across the country, we urge all our passengers to pre-book their tickets. This ensures that if you’re travelling in a group in particular you and your family and/or friends have a guaranteed seat on your chosen service. This time of year can be incredibly busy, and we want to ensure your journey with us is smooth and hassle-free. Remember, a pre-booked ticket is peace of mind and a guaranteed seat.
Dublin Event Coming Up? Leave the Car at Home!
Why drive to Dublin in the car and invite the hassle with city traffic and expensive parking and choosing straws as the designated driver? Leave the car at home and travel to any number of events in Dublin on a JJ Kavanagh Coach via our main routes: The 735 from Limerick, the 736 from Tramore and Waterford via Carlow to Dublin City Centre or from Clonmel via Kilkenny on the 717. Depending on your venue and your route take note of the walking times at our key drop-off points:
- Bord Gais Theatre – 11 mins walk from North Wall Quay
- 3 Arena – 12 mins walk from North Wall Quay
- Gaiety Theatre – 15 mins from Eden Quay
And please don’t forget to book your seat on the last bus home – from outside Ulster Bank on Georges Quay. You can check out the timetables here for the 735, 717 and 736 or use our online booking form here.
Upcoming Music & Musicals in Dublin
- Musical Magic with The Lion King at Bord Gais Theatre from 28th Sep to 11th Nov.
- Groove to Luke Combs at 3 Arena on the 13th of October and rock out with the Artic Monkeys on the 15th, 17th, and 19th of October.
- Experience gripping theatre with Hangman at Gaiety Theatre from 19th Oct to 4th Nov.
- JLS, 50 Cent, Melanie Martinez, McFly, and Anne Marie will have you dancing and singing along at 3Arena throughout October and November.
- Looking for a Panto? The Gaiety is one of the best! Cinderella is playing from 26th Nov to 7th Jan
- Charlie and The Chocolate Factory is playing at the Bord Gais from 5th Dec to 7th Jan
- And more musical sensations are on their way in December with Hozeir, and Maneskin lighting up 3Arena.
Head off for Halloween or Use Your Head at Kilkenomics!
Are you thinking of getting away this October or November? Why not go a little further afield with JJ Kavanagh & Sons! Consider taking the 735 down to Limerick for their epic 3 day Halloween festival? Or if you’d rather avoid the spooky stuff Kilkenny’s deliciously late-in-the-season Food Festival is a tasty alternative or for something a little more cerebral you can’t miss Kilkenomics! You can get to Kilkenny City on the either the 736 or the 717. Finally the host of festivities coming up in Waterford… read on!
Kilkenny’s Killer Festivities
- Engage in mind-stimulating discussions at the Kilkenomics festival from 2nd to 5th November. Check out Kilkenomics.com.
- Savour the delightful tastes of the season at the Savour Kilkenny Food Festival from 27th to 30th October. Check out SavourKilkenny.com.
Waterford’s Spooky Specials
- Besides the numerous Samhain events happening, the Imagine Arts Festival is set to enhance Waterford’s enchanted aura with this wonderful arts celebration throughout October. Check out imagineartsfestival.com.
- The Waterford’s Writers Weekend, from October 26th to October 29th, is a treat for literature enthusiasts, offering a rich palette of events and workshops for all age groups and literary preferences. More on the Waterford Writers Festival.
Limerick’s Lively Line Up
- Limerick’s Halloween Festival returns with a bang from 26th to 28th October. Dive into the rich history, folklore, and traditions of Halloween as Limerick city brings stories to life with a fantastic line-up of events over 3 days. Details here.
To wrap things up, traveling during this festive season can be both convenient and fun when you’ve secured your seat in advance. We can’t emphasise enough the importance of pre-booking your tickets through jjkavanagh.ie or our mobile app. Whether it’s a musical concert, theatre show, cultural festival, or just a routine commute, our primary goal is to provide you with a safe, comfortable, and pleasurable travel experience.
From all of us at JJ Kavanagh & Sons, we wish you safe travels and looking forward to the pleasure of serving you onboard!